Hills Community Options is a not for profit organisation primarily supporting people with an intellectual disability to live in their community as valued citizens. HCO operates across the Adelaide Hills and in the Western Region of Adelaide.
HCO requires the services of experienced Level 2 "Disability Support Workers" with local Adelaide hills knowledge who are:
- Significantly experienced in working with people with a dual disability and behaviours of concern.
- Experienced in working with people with Acquired Brain Injury.
- Reliable, flexible and responsive to the needs of the client.
- Able to work around 25-30 hrs a week with flexible shifts over a seven day period which will include weekends, overnight passive and active night shifts.
- Knowledgeable of the Adelaide Hills area and able to work split shifts and/or at short notice where required.
The successful applicant requires:
- A qualification at Certificate level 3 or higher in Disability or Community Services or progress towards a higher qualification.
- A minimum of twelve months experience working in the Disability or Human Services sector, specifically with Dual Disability, challenging behaviours and Acquired Brain Injury.
- A Senior First Aid Certificate.
- A Current valid driver's licence.
- Current Medication Administration certificate
- A Current Manual Handling certificate
- A current DCSI Child Related Employment Screening
- A commitment to a Person Centred Approach and engagement in active support.
These positions are at Award Level 2 "Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010". Successful applicants will enjoy full salary packaging options (increase your take home pay) and the opportunity to undertake further training.
Job and Person specification can be found HERE
All applicants are asked to address the Position Description and Guide to applying for a role with HCO when applying for this position.