Community Support Workers
Hills Community Options is a not for profit organisation primarily supporting people with an intellectual disability, children and adults with autism spectrum disorder, degenerative disorder or acquired brain injury to live in their community as valued citizens. HCO operates across the Adelaide Hills and in the Western Region of Adelaide.
HCO requires the services of “Community Support Workers” who are:
- Experienced in working with people with intellectual disability, dual disability, autism, degenerative disorders and acquired brain injury
- Experience in working with children with a disability
- Reliable, flexible and responsive to the needs of the client
- As a sole practitioner, must be able to apply a professional, responsible and strength based empowering approach to working with vulnerable people
- Able to work around 25-30 hours a week with shifts over a seven day period which will include weekends, in a combination of short and longer shifts
- Knowledgeable of the Adelaide Hills area and able to work at short notice at different locations where required
- Prepared to provide a variety of support from family respite to cleaning, shopping, community access, and other independent living skills
The successful applicant requires:
- A qualification at Certificate level 3 or higher in Disability or Community Services or progress towards a higher qualification.
- A minimum of six months experience working in the Disability or Human Services sector, specifically with Dual Disability, challenging behaviours and Acquired Brain Injury.
- A Senior First Aid Certificate.
- A Current valid driver's licence.
- A current DSCI clearance
- A current manual handling certificates
- Child Safe Environments (mandatory reporting) certificate
- Medical administration accreditation
- A commitment to a Person Centred Approach and engagement in active support.
The work is focussed on providing individual support for independent clients within their own accommodation and assisting with daily appointments and routines.
These positions are at Award Level 2 "Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010". Successful applicants will enjoy full salary packaging options (increase your take home pay) and the opportunity to undertake further training.
Job and Person specification can be found HERE
All applicants are asked to address the Position Description and Guide to applying for a role with HCO when applying for this position. Only Successful applicants will be contacted